- Successfully defended a public official sued for defamation and, after trial, received a judgment for attorneys' fees that forced the Plaintiff into bankruptcy.
- Obtained a defense verdict in U.S. District Court, D-MA, on six figure personal injury claims; obtained judgment on counterclaim against Plaintiff that settled for more than double the amount of insurance coverage.
- Received a jury verdict in favor of an employee sued for discrimination after refusing to terminate a co-worker accused of sexual harassment.
- Obtained summary judgment and attorneys' fees under Rhode Island's anti-SLAPP statute after clients were sued for making complaints about a public figure to the R.I. Ethics Commission.
- Persuaded the Rhode Island Supreme Court to expand exceptions to municipal highway maintenance duties.
- Achieved dismissal of multiple environmental actions brought by the Attorney General's Office against a local recycling facility.
- Settled a bad faith suit against a major insurer for 500% more than the original claim.
- Obtained dismissals or judgments in favor of municipalities due to application of:
*Recreational Use Statute
*Doctrine of Qualified Immunity
*Statutory Prerequisites of Notice